MGF is proud to offer this very special gasoline SH Aircraft Engine
SH Engines offer everything you’d expect in a powerful, high quality engine
- -ABC Piston/Sleeve Technology
- -Dual Ball Bearings
- -Dual Needle Precision Carburetor
- -Aluminum Case with Precision CNC Machining
- -Properly Tempered Precision Crankshaft
- -Specialized Turbo-style GR4 Glowplug Included
- -Glow Plug Wrench for Turbo Plug Included
- -Muffler Included
The GF6 is a gasoline engine that requires no on-board ignition. It operates just as a glow engine would, but uses vastly more affordable and commonly available gasoline (High octane please, 91) with an oil mix of 20:1 - We recommend Red Line Two Stroke Oil.
Case size of a .25! It'll drop right in most .25-.36ci size aircraft. You're even going to fly smaller 40 size airplanes with good authority or have superior power in 25-32 size airplanes. At the time of this writing, this engine is the smallest gas engine in regular production today. Tired of swelled batteries? Convert that EP airplane to Affordable gasoline!
Don't forget this is a gasoline engine so you will need a tank and gas lines that are gasoline compatible.
SH Engines has been in business for decades making helicopter engines as well as high performance racing engines and super reliable sport car engines for almost every major car maker around the world. These new aircraft engines are based on these learnings. Precision fit and finish result in easy break-in and superior longevity. You’ll notice they feel smooth brand new out of the box.
And, every SH engine we sell is supported with parts and service. We know engines and know you need support. You can depend on SH and MGF for superior performance, value, and support.
SH GF6 6cc .37 Gas Engine
- Bore: 20.4mm
- Stroke: 18.4mm
- Displacement: 6.01cc (.37c.i.)
- Weight w/Muffler: 358g
- Glow Plug: SH GT4 (This is a Turbo Plug, not a standard size airplane plug)
- Fuel: 91 octane/ 20:1 FUEL/OIL MIX (RED LINE TWO STROKE OIL)
- Practical RPM: 2800 to 11000
- Recommended Prop: 10x6
- H.P. w/Rec prop: 1.3HP @ 11000rpm
Compatible Clamp and Clip Glow Plug Ignitor Connectors (McDaniels style 1/4 turn lock will NOT fit):
If you'd like to add the pump system from the GF9 to the GF6, SH has made a kit and it's ready to use. Click Here for the Pump System Retrofit Kit